Sunday, November 25

reinforcing the cocoon

I spent most of today being lazy and slothful, but I also spent a few productive hours weatherstripping my apartment. I didn't really do this last year and somehow I still survived the winter...but anyone who's been here a few years likes to brag about how last year was a warm one.

As the first snow came a couple weeks early, I figured I might as well take precautions. Although it's warmed up a bit since, the early chill has scared everyone into weather-proofing and sent car owners scurrying to get their snow tires fitted.

Weather-stripping is all cutting, pasting, and double-stick-taping, and I do so love arts and crafts! I put foam strips on my sliding glass doors, bubble wrap against two of my windows, and thin foam against my third window. I am skeptical of the effectiveness of the setup, but at least it's kept me busy. I'm a bit addicted to these sticky foam strips (not to mention the bubble wrap!), so I'm trying to figure out every space, seal, nook and cranny where I can apply them in my little flat.

My paper house is now trimmed with insulation. How novel, indeed.

No comments: