Sunday, December 2

post-JLPT zombification

It is done! The test went well...at least, better than last year, which is all I really needed. I'm not confident I passed by any means, but I'm quite happy just having the feeling that I've actually gotten better and made progress since one year ago.

Aside from that slight sense of satisfaction, my brain feels quite slow and mushy; i.e., it's been drained of all necessary sugars and is flooded with errant neurotransmitters. It's really been too long since I've felt that -- the electrifying burn of an intense info-in/process/consolidate/info-out session (wow, how much is studying and testing like pooping?). File intensive study under: things I miss about academia.

The test results are distributed in February. Until then, I'll be waiting anxiously, then gradually forgetting about it, and then working myself back up into a frenzy. If I pass, I'll be happy to say that either my sporadic studying improved my Japanese skills, or my voracious consumption of news feeds made my test-taking intuition better. Or both! One way or another, celebratory drinking will be in order.

If I fail, I'll be sad to say that either my infrequent studying did nothing for my Japanese, or my daily barrage of English news feeds usurped any new Japanese trying to enter my brain. As such, consolatory drinking will be in order. Who's with me?

1 comment:

akatsuki said...

Congratulations. Simply finishing the test calls for celebratory drinking. Umeshu anyone? I promise not to get sick!