Sunday, February 24

New pet!

I'm getting a pet. I'm hoping it will help alleviate both homesickness and general ennui. It will be perfect for my tiny apartment. I will give it lots of love, and it will return my love in its own warm and delicious way. Can you guess what kind of pet it will be? Some hints:

In actuality, it's quite tiny, but to be fair I'll be getting more than one.
It's a bit smelly.
It enjoys sugar.
It reminds me of San Francisco.
I'd feed it once a week...but it would survive a few weeks without me.
It will help me with my kitchen endeavors.

Got it?

I'm making a sourdough starter! So really, I'll have a happy, bubbly colony of yeast...living out of my refrigerator, and occasionally martyring its citizens to puff up my bread. Now all I need to figure out is what I should name it.

No comments: