Wednesday, May 7

home is where the convenience is

I barely registered leaving Singapore this morning on a 6AM flight. I've been sleeping intermittently through flight, movies, meals, regular trains, bullet train, subway since then. (Ooh, I did get to see Jumper and a fantastically cheesy bollywood movie called Aaja Nachle. They really have the weirdest mix of movie selection on Northwest flights. Home Alone 3? Phonebooth? Why?)

I got into Sendai a few hours ago, and it actually feels really good to be back in Japan...if not a little weird. It's weird being the tourist amongst the Japanese again, when a few days ago I was having fun picking the Japanese out from the other East-Asian tourists.

Anyway, it was good that we transited through Singapore between Cambodia and Japan. At least, there's less sticker-shock that way, though no less culture-shock going from ethnic melting pot to near-homogeneity.

I've been sifting through mail, laundry, and photos for the past couple hours, but I should be sleeping. I'll probably lie awake with regret, because I really should have eaten more mangosteens.

No comments: