Thursday, June 12

Help is on?

Haha so, after that last post, I was thinking about No Mercy and how there haven't been many big Hispanic music groups featured on MTV and the like since. Then I thought, oh hey, what about that one-hit wonder, OMC? You know... "How Bizarre." (The lyrics have always sounded like "help is on.")



Well, I don't believe I'm alone in thinking that they were Hispanic - I swear that's what everyone thought back then (it's the style of music, I guess). As it turns out, though, the frontman is a Kiwi! Half-Maori, half-Niuean, to be specific. I honestly had never heard of Niue before this. Thank you for broadening my horizons, OMC!

It's especially hilarious because I think he bears a striking resemblance to one of our other JETs from NZ - one of our CIRs to be specific. Am I right, Sendai JETs?

1 comment:

akatsuki said...

HAHAHAHHAAHAHHHAHAH Awesome