Wednesday, July 16

moving on up

My mom just sent me the best eco-alarmist e-mail about moving to higher altitudes - STAT. This is how it begins:

Wow, you are going to be back soon!

You know, I started to think about our future today. I am a bit scared about global warming. Perhaps California is going to be flooded in a few years time.

While environmental conscience isn't really a big part of my mom's day, sudden fad obsessions are definitely her cup of (vitamin-laced, new-agey, diet) tea. I worry about global warming and flooding too, but I can't foresee more than a few meters of flooding in the next couple decades. We're a good 25m above sea level, so it's not quite time for me to flip out yet.

She says, hilariously, that she's been looking at housing foreclosures in Colorado, specifically noting, "the city of Denver (5000 ft above sea level) and Colorado Springs (2500 ft above sea level)."

Sounds...cold and lonely?

Asians are incredibly prescient when it comes to real estate decisions, but when it comes down to it, I don't wanna live in Colorado. HOWEVER, I can't deny that all those snowy mountains are very, very enticing.

We really need to e-mail more often, if only so that I can submit her best material.

No comments: